In this blog you will find The Underground Woman at work – interred, subterranean – one who tunnels and mines and undermines. You will see her — going forward slowly, cautiously, gently inexorable, without betraying very much of the distress which any protracted deprivation of light and air must entail…
Tongue Sophistries is run by a certain college dropout from a little bubble of a university in the islands with a flair for both the mundane and the enigmatic.
Really though, this is my repository of literary vomitus, which includes topics on philosophy, creative writing, literature, and the author’s occasional egomaniac rhapsodies, the bulk of which might be read as Unfinished, Unwritten, Unattempted and naturally, Unconceived. This is my smoking room…until I decide to quit smoking.
After an abortive career in college, I am at present a recluse. In the meantime, between forced detox and bacchanalian bouts of femme fatality — for how incontestable, my beautifully excessive life — I “bitch about the universe,” the (fractional) result of which is this space.
All this bitching about, in a somewhat positive note, is grounded on these re/current areas of interest, in no particular order:
- The History of Continental and European Philosophy in general
- Objectivismin particular
- Early German Romanticism: Goethe, Heine, Hölderlin, Novalis
- Kant and German Idealism: Fichte, Schelling and Hegel
- American Transcendentalism: Emerson, Hawthorne and cohorts
- Jorge Luis Borges and Metaphysical Fiction
- Umberto Eco: Cognitive Semiotics (Semiotic Cognitivism) and Modern Medievalism
- Phenomenology and Existentialism redux: Husserl, Heidegger, Jaspers, Sarte, Merleau-Ponty, Albert Camus
- The Kinship of Poetry, Philosophy and Literature
- Post-structuralism: Bataille, Foucault, Deleuze and Derrida
- Wittgenstein and the Continental Tradition
- Theo/Thanatology: God and Devil and their assassin-clown called Atheism
- Superman and Superwoman: Friedrich Nietzsche and Ayn Rand’s laughter in the face of Being
and more foolosphical shit in between.
I also am an avid reader (and hoarder) of books, for which I occasionally I write reviews.
The Underground Woman lives in the Philippines. You can also reach her at: firstname.lastname@example.org